The ability to live stream your adventures is a key feature of the ghost 4K+, and this article will guide you through the process. This blog specifically covers Android and iOSi mobile devices, for tips on live streaming with Huawei click HERE.
Configure your camera’s network
1. Download and install the Drift Life app from Google Play or the Apple Store.
2. Launch Drift Life, and tap ‘Start Live Stream.’
3. If you are not already logged in, enter your login details or select “Sign up” and follow the steps to create a new Drift Life account.
4. Select Ghost 4K+ from the camera menu.
5. Enter the name of your Wi-Fi network and the password. If you’re streaming outdoors you can use your Mobile Hotspot. Tap “Next”.
6. Drift Life will then display a QR code. Ensure your Ghost 4K wi-Fi is turned off and the camera is in video mode, then press and hold the middle button until you hear ‘start scanning.’ Use your camera to scan the QR code, and wait a few moments for the camera to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
7.Once connected, Drift Life will show the Live Stream Details page. Add a title and configure the parameters of your live stream then tap “Go Live” to start streaming.If you’d like to stream to a different platform such as Facebook or Youtube, you can enter your accounts RTMP URL on this page:
8. If you set up Drift Life livestream, The Ghost 4K+ will start live streaming to your Drift Life account, and you can now share it to your friends through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or Instagram.
If you entered an RTMP URL to stream to a 3rd party platform, you can now exit from Drift Life and go to 3rd party’s App to watch/share your live video.
10. Stop the live stream by tapping the Stop button in Drift Life and your Ghost 4K+ will go into standby mode.
Life Streaming Once Ghost 4K+ is Configured
Once the initial configuration is complete, starting a live stream is easy. Simply turn on your camera and it will automatically connect to the network you previously setup. Make sure that your phone is connected to the same network, launch Drift Life, and tap on “Start Live Stream”. Drift Life will immediately find your Ghost 4K+, select it and you will be brought to the “Live Stream Details” page. Input a title, and start live streaming.
Notes: Once set up, the Ghost 4K+ will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network each time you power it on. To exit from Live streaming mode, press and hold the Wi-Fi button while the camera is connecting.